Dr Aartjan te Velthuis
In brief: I love RNA viruses and their RNA polymerases. I am also a keen runner and LTL of Wittertainment. People tend to call me AJ.
Background: PhD in the lab of Eric Snijder and Nynke Dekker at the Universities of Leiden and Delft, respectively. Postdoc in the labs of Ervin Fodor and Achilles Kapanidis at the University of Oxford. PI in Cambridge from August 2017.
Current funding: Wellcome Trust; Royal Society; Marmaduke Sheild Fund; Isaac Newton Trust.
Research Assistant. Hollie got her BA (Hons) from the University of Cambridge and joined the lab in January 2018.
Part II student from the University of Cambridge. She joined the lab in October 2018
Liza is a PhD student in the lab. Joined the lab in October 2018 and is funded by Vice-Chancellor’s Award.
Esther De boer
Master student from Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Esther will join the lab in February 2018.
ONI TIRF microscope (nanoimager) with 0.49NA objective and 4 laser lines (405nm, 473nm, 532nm, and 640nm).
Master student from Tulin, Austria. Margarita will join the lab in February 2018.
- Sofia Weiss, University of Cambridge and funded by Microbiology Society
- Alexandra Moderc, University of Lyon
- Sabrina Weis, University of Heidelberg and funded by Erasmus+
- Judith Oymans, University of Utrecht and funded by Erasmus+. Replication and transcription papers in Journal of Virology - now at University of Wageningen.
- Thomas Stubbs, University of Oxford Biochemistry part II student. Literature review in Future Virology.
- Dr Hamid Jalal | Public Health England, Cambridge
- Dr Debby van Riel | Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Dr Emmie de Wit | NIH, Rocky Mountain Laboratories, Hamilton, United States
- Prof Wendy Barclay | Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
- Dr Mathilde Richard | Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, the Netherlands