Dr Aartjan te Velthuis
In brief: I love RNA viruses and their RNA polymerases. I am also a keen runner and LTL of Wittertainment. People tend to call me AJ.
Background: PhD in the lab of Eric Snijder and Nynke Dekker at the Universities of Leiden and Delft, respectively. Postdoc in the labs of Ervin Fodor and Achilles Kapanidis at the University of Oxford. PI in Cambridge from August 2017.
Current funding: Wellcome Trust; Royal Society; Marmaduke Sheild Fund; Isaac Newton Trust.
Postgraduate Research Assistant. Hollie got her BA (Hon) from the University of Cambridge and is joining the lab in January 2018.
Medicine undergraduate from the University of Cambridge and Emmanuel College. Joined the lab in December 2017.
Master student from the University of Heidelberg. Joined the lab in September 2017. Funded by Erasmus+.
Master student from ENS de Lyon in France. Alexandra will join the lab in January 2018.
ONI TIRF microscope (nanoimager) with 0.49NA objective and 4 laser lines (405nm, 473nm, 532nm, and 640nm).
- Judith Oymans, University of Utrecht and funded by Erasmus+. Replication and transcription papers in Journal of Virology - now at University of Wageningen.
- Thomas Stubbs, University of Oxford Biochemistry part II student. Literature review in Future Virology - now in Wolf Reik's lab at the Babraham Institute.
- Dr Debby van Riel | Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Dr Emmie de Wit | NIH, Rocky Mountain Laboratories, Hamilton, United States
- Prof Wendy Barclay | Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
- Dr Mathilde Richard | Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, the Netherlands